Procurement - Online Zoom training.
Tuesday, 12 September 2023 - 10am – 11:40am
Thursday, 12 October 2023 - 10am – 11:40am
Tuesday, 28 November 2023 - 10am – 11:40am
For anyone involved in procuring goods and services, preparing tenders or entering into contracts on behalf of local councils.
This session is an introduction to the basics of procurement for local councils – inviting quotes, producing specifications and tender documentation, achieving competition and value for money, managing contracts.
• Procurement thresholds
• Basic terminology and steps involved in procurement
• Estimates, quotes and tenders
• Quality and value for money
• Advertising, including Contracts Finder
By the end of Contracts and Procurement you will:
• Be aware of procurement thresholds
• Recognise when you must advertise on Contracts Finder
• Understand how to produce a specification for what you want
• Understand the basic terminology and steps involved in procurement
• Be able to ensure your procurement achieves value for money
Session leader: Steve Parkinson, The Parkinson Partnership LLP
Steve is a former Town Clerk and an accountant with over 30 years’ experience in public and voluntary sector finance. He now specialises in delivering training and advice on VAT and finance matters for the local council sector.
This is an interactive session, you will need a device with a reasonable screen size such as a PC, laptop or tablet to be able to participate fully.
Your booking confirmation will contain a link to the online event. Please ensure that you log in at least 10 minutes before the session starts, make sure that your screen name includes your first and last names.
Cost - £30
How to book - Email Graeme - firstname.lastname@example.org